21 Jul 2012

Perfume: Samples by Guerlin and YR

I have a stash of perfume testers and will review some here from time to time. First up are Insolence by Guerlin and So Elixir by Yves Rocher.




This is what Fragrantica.com has to say about it:
Insolence is a new bold fragrance for young women. The face of perfume is the movie star Hilary Swank, the Oscar-winner for the main role in the 'Million Dollar Baby' film. This perfume will most probably surprise the Guerlain perfumes fans, as it is rather unusual, modern and fruity sweet. But, Guerlain is not afraid to surprise, and even provoke.
There is a delicate and soft violet waiting for you in the top notes, followed by red-fruits cocktail with raspberry domination. The heart is floral-sweet, composed of violet, rose, and orange blossom. At the end, sweet raisins and balsams together have joined iris and Tonka bean to round the composition. The creators ofInsolence are Maurice Roucel i Sylvaine Delacourte, and the half-sphere bottle with the rose-like shaped stopper was created by Serge Mansau. The perfume was launched in 2006. 

I loved it at first. When I got the sample and sniffed it, I just fell in love with it. It was a totally different story once I actually wore it. As with the perfumes by Thierry Mugler, this one doesn't agree with my skin at all. The scent was overwhelming and even disturbing. I had two testers and had to give both away cause I couldn't stomach it anymore after one night. :-s


again from fragantica.com

Yves Rocher introduces its new fragrance So Elixir, dedicated to a successful, self – conscious, mature and sophisticated woman. So Elixir is composed by three famous noses: Olivier CrespMarie Salamagne and Jacques Cavallier.
This composition is concentrated on the notes of white flowers laid upon a woody base. It includes aromas of bergamot, Damask rose, jasmine, incense extract, patchouli essence and Tonka bean.
So Elixir will be available as 50 ml EDP, along with 200 ml body milk and bath and 100 ml perfumed deodorant.
YR So Elixir will be launched on market in September 2009.

A huge difference with the first perfume! I got a 5ml tester with an order from YR and when I first opened it, I thought it'd be too...'old' for me. Was I wrong! I have worn it on many occasions and every time someone tells me I smell so good. It's a nice pleasant scent, not overwhelming but it is there for the whole day or evening and it's just really amazing. I will absolutely order this one in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment