19 Oct 2012

Perfume: 2 tested

Today, I'll review Yves Rocher's new fragrance So Elixir Purple and Fragonard's Grain de Soleil.




Yves Rocher - So Elixir Purple

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


The French house of Yves Rocher is launching a new edition from their So Elixir collection. Name of the new perfume is So Elixir Purple Eau de Parfum and it follows previous 3 editions.
The new fragrance is very seductive and attractive, ideal for self-confident women full of power and energy. It is built around the central note of tuberose, which is milky and sweet like honey in the same time, creating this fresh, herbal and fruity composition.
So Elixir Purple opens with bergamot essential oil and continues with opulent tuberose complemented by a strong vetiver note. A base closes with benzoin, vanilla, tonka beans, frankincense, patchouli and woody notes, providing a warm, soft and woody trail. (source: fragrantica.com)
I love the original So Elixir perfume and this one is good, but I don't like it as much as the regular one. The original scent is luxurious and mysterious plus it lasts very long. This one, for me, is more bland and is gone in a very short time. I expected much more of it but after having tested it, it's scrapped off my list.

Fragonard - Grain de Soleil

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Grain de Soleil by Fragonard is a Oriental fragrance for women. Grain de Soleil was launched in 1999. The fragrance features iris, orange blossom, sandalwood, amber, patchouli, cinnamon, vanilla, jasmine, incense, heliotrope and rose. (source: fragrantica.com)

I hit myself over the head that I haven't bought a bottle of this (in addition to the two I did buy) when I was in Grasse this year. I did get some samples of this scent and I love it. it's the perfect summer perfume. It actually has that typical smell of sand, sea, summer, without it being cheap...instead it's a long lasting deep scent that makes you long for summer very badly. The balance is absolutely perfect. This one is definitely on my wish list for further orders!

No comments:

Post a Comment