22 Jan 2013

Review: 4 products tested

Another batch of new products.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

- Klorane: part of the December Deauty box.
A dry shampoo with oat milk.
I remember using dry shampoo when I was younger and I hated it. It made my hair look grey, dry and just awful. So, until now I've been very reluctant to try the stuff again. When it was part of the Deauty box, I gave it a shot. Detail: I just used it on my bangs. Sounds a bit naff but I had to go out unexpectedly and my bangs didn't look as fresh anymore so tried it and was very pleased with the result. It smells rather nice, and my hair looked really good.

- Urban Decay eyeshadow primer: came as a tester with an order from Lookfantastic.com
Until now I always used the Catrice primer but this one is of a totally different order. It's magic! when I've taken a shower, my eyeshadow and eyeliner are virtually intact! very easy to use, you hardly need any and amazing result. I think I've found a new favourite!

- Yves Rocher Sérum Végétal day cream
Decent day cream that does what it should do. It feels comfortable and is also good to use under foundation.

- Yves Rocher Bio Serum
The thing that puts me off most of all is the scent. It smells like stale tea. It says to wake up your skin in the morning but I'm not that convinced. I use it under the Sérum Végétal day cream but wouldn't buy this again (If I were to buy from YR again that is)


Animal testing info: 
- Klorane states not to do any animal testing but doesn't appear on the Peta or Leaping Bunny list. However, many other sites, not linked to the company, also state Klorane doesn't test on animals. Status not 100% clear. 
- Urban Decay: is on both the Peta and the Leaping Bunny list.
- Yves Rocher: is retracted from the Leaping Bunny list due to selling in China. avoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment