12 Jun 2013

Music: Hugh Laurie & The Copper Bottom Band

I've been a fan of Hugh Laurie for ages...from when I first saw him in A Bit of Fry and Laurie together, of course, with Stephen Fry, which is...20 years ago?
That series, together with Jeeves & Wooster, are among my most treasured dvds.


I've seen him being bombarded into massive stardom thanks to House but when I heard he was going to have an album out, I was very excited.
Now, a second (brilliant) album is released I finally could make it to one of his gigs. And man...what a memorable night it was. On top of that it was Hugh's birthday and all this resulted into one huge party on stage and off stage.
For 2 hours, he and the band gave the best of themselves with a mix of jazz, blues, barbershop, tango, ... resulting in a sweaty crowd. :-)
In short, an impressive, memorable gig. In fact, one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Hugh is a master entertainer, master musician and master everything else.
If Hugh comes somewhere close to you, don't miss it! You're in for a real treat.

This is the playlist of the short clips I've recorded. Apologies for the low quality, it was filmed with my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment