23 May 2013

Travel: Cruise Northern Europe Part 3

Saturday, 11 May
We wake up to a very misty sight. The decks are full of water because of the bad weather conditions. It's the first of our 2 consecutive sea days where we'll be passing Denmark. 
After breakfast we raid the liquor shop and get a great bargain there when buying cognac. 
After some quiet time reading, we have lunch (penne with basilicum tomato sauce) and then I head towards the spa. I prebooked a Balinese massage, a facial and also have unlimited access to the sauna/hammam/whirlpool. 
And man, it's just heaven to sit on your whirlpool watching the sea pass by. They also make the best fresh smoothies. 
After that, it was time to get ready for the gala dinner. Tonight we'd get a special captain's night with show. Gala attire required. My boyfriend gets into his best suit and I wear my Manoukian charleston dress. We first get a few glasses of cava and then a really lovely show with music and acrobatics. 
Then it's time for dinner again and I have the salmon, a Greek salad, beef with mushrooms and pana cotta with berries. 
We take along a bottle of wine to drink in the cabin. Ready for another (stormy?) night. Oh, before we go to the cabin, I buy a gorgeous Swarovski necklace and get 33% discount!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

No comments:

Post a Comment